Applying for a Loan
Applying for a loan with Lisduggan Credit Union is very straight forward!
We make every effort to ensure that the process is efficient and quick, and when you visit our office you will deal immediately with an experienced loan officer who can help you with all your needs.
If you would like to apply for a loan, you can follow any one of these easy steps:
- Visit our offices in Lisduggan and Portlaw
- Make an on-line Loan application by using cu-online
- Download a loan application form from our Downloads section
- Call us on 051-355696 and talk to a member of staff about your borrowing requirements
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proof of Income:
- 2 Current Payslips – PAYE Worker
- Social Welfare Slips/Bank Statement – Unemployed or retired
- Self-Employed: 2 Years most recent accounts + Tax clearance certificate
- 3 Months Current Bank Statement (on-line statements acceptable)
- Photographic I.D. & Proof of Address (Utility bill etc.)
Am I eligible for a Loan?
Once you open an account with us you are eligible to apply for a loan!
- The most important criteria is your Repayment Capacity – i.e. your income vs your outgoings (rent,mortgage, loans, finance, credit cards etc).
- Ideally we would ask you to establish a savings record with us. This doesn’t have to be for months on end, but it will help your application.
- Why not set up a standing order from your bank account to establish your savings record and also repay your loan.
- If you are in receipt of social welfare, you can have your benefits paid directly into your LCU account. Your loan repayment can then be automatically deducted!
We aim to give a decision within 24-48 hours. Some applications may take longer to process due to insurance requirements.
Applying for a loan? – Try our loan calculator and start your application today!